About Plenty of Fish
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2003, Plenty of Fish is one of the early pioneers in the online dating industry, with one of the largest and most diverse communities of singles. We're one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge and Match.com).
Plenty of Fish is available in 11 languages and more than 20 countries worldwide. As a lean team devoted to a community of such significant scale, we're passionate about creating relationships by offering a less prescriptive, low-pressure user experience that enables singles to discover what they’re looking for!
We love what we do, and have the ability to profoundly impact millions of people's lives every single day! Recently named one of BC’s Top Employers, Plenty of Fish is a great place to build friendships, grow your career and collaborate with top talent.
It’s OUR sh*p. Own it! We see challenges as opportunities and take action.
We profoundly impact millions of people's lives, every day.
We empathise with our members and use data to surface smart decisions.
We love what we do, have fun and are free to be ourselves.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Like our members, our crew at Plenty of Fish come from all corners of the planet. We’re here because we love what we do and we believe that feeling free to share our different perspectives and experiences means we can show up as our real selves and do our best work. We value and actually thrive from the diversity in our workplace. On top of striving to make everyone feel welcome and appreciated, we make sure everyone has an equal opportunity to have a seat at the table.
We’re committed to creating an equal and inclusive environment; we welcome all crew (and prospective crew) members regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, conviction unrelated to employment or any other prohibited ground of discrimination recognised by applicable law. Plenty of Fish is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
And this isn’t just a “tick-the-box” initiative. We really mean what we say. Here’s the proof:
- We have an established DEI Committee with crew members across our departments who are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees, members and our community where opportunities, diversity and equal access are demonstrated at all levels.
- We've partnered with Veza to evaluate our People and Culture policies, processes and practices and we achieved ‘Champion’ status – leader-led, integrated DEI into our values and representative of best practices in the industry.
- We engaged TransFocus Consulting to raise awareness and educate our crew on gender and sexual orientation diversity, and gain valuable insight on updating our platform
- We partnered with experts in the field, Paradigm, to host Inclusive Culture workshops
- We use Textio to analyse all of our job postings before sharing on our careers page. This ensures that we remove any language biases and post inclusive job postings that encourage a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
We’re on a DEI journey where we continue to be committed to taking action – watch this space for more to come!